Students and parents should look at the subject information sheets below in order to find out about the GCSE courses on offer.
In these sheets you will find out about what is being studied, how the course is assessed, why you might study that subject and possible career paths. There is also a link to the exam board website and the name of the Curriculum Leads if you require further information.
Wren Academy Key Stage 4 Curriculum
- It is the Academy’s intention to provide a broad and balanced curriculum at Key Stage 4, which meets the needs of all learners.
- We prioritise giving adequate curriculum time to all subjects, so that all students will typically study for 9 qualifications.
- We do not feel it is in the best interests for students to take more than this. They have more time per subject, they can be more focussed and it is in the interests of their well-being not to do any more than they need.
- All students will study Mathematics, English Language, English Literature, Science (at least Double Award) and a Humanity subject (History and / or Geography).
- The vast majority of students will study a foreign language (Spanish).
- A small number of students do not study a foreign language.
- Other GCSE subjects available are Religious Studies, Computer Studies, Music, Cambridge National in Sport, Separate Sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics), Art and Design and Design and Technology.
If you have any general enquiries about the preferences process please contact Lorraine Kerby, Vice Principal, by email firstname.lastname@example.org